Monday, November 28, 2011

Children - Preparation for the arrival

This will be a quick post of what to buy.

Breast Pump - If one intend to breast feed for long, please consider buying the medela pump in style. It make the breastfeeding journey much easier as babies are unpredictable. If one is able to afford, at least buy a electric pump, using a manual pump is really NO JOKE, especially one need to pump at 3hours interval in order to establish the supply initially.

Clothings - Babies need new clothings. Or best if one is able to get hand me down as the first few months they grow so quickly. Do not buy newborn size, my children are born BIG, they do not fit in newborn size when they are newborn. Please buy those with buttons all the way down, newborns have very soft head and fragile neck, wearing clothes thru the head is a scary experience.

Baby carrier - Buy a good one. This is a neccessity if one is going out often. I bought an ERGO brand for my #2 which I used till she was too heavy to be carried. I believe the design of this carrier enhance the bonding between the carrier and the baby. My #2 is always found napping whenever we are out, which shows she is so comfortable.

Pram - Not really needed if one had a good carrier. It blocks the passageway, hard to get into crowded train, a hazard on escalator. But the main usage is when the child is unable to sit upright during mealtime out of the house.

Milk bottles - Do I have to say more? For a peace of mind, buy those that are BPA free.

Sterilizer - For milk bottles. Have those new microwave type, but for health reasons, I rather not use them, will stick to traditional steam type.

No comments:

Post a Comment