Friday, September 9, 2011

Happily ever after? - Part 1

The proprosal.
To some woman, the only way of proposing is with a diamond ring hopefully from some atas jewellery chain preperably come with a small blue box. The ring do not need to have special design, but a nice one carat bling bling will allow your friends to understand that "HE HAD PROPOSED!!!" and let you be the center of attention for that one day out.

I had heard comments of men who are grumbling after knowing their girlfriend expectation.

"Diamond rings! And she expect it to be 1 carat because her friends' hubby proposed with a 1 carat ring!"

" Diamond ring. If I buy 1 carat but from those diamond outlet, the cost is much lower and yet the size is the same, it does not matter right"

" I do not understand why she insist on a diamond ring. She will only wear it during weekends or when we are out. Other times the ring will hinder her actions, and she is scare to be cut by the ring!"

For what I know diamond rings do not come cheap. So men, before you even pull her to apply for some BTO projects as minimum waiting time is 3 years, make sure you have enough money to afford a decent 1 carat diamond ring.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kappo,

    Yup! I heard from my friends (both guys and gals) that the proposal ring must cost around 3-4 times of the guy's salary then it is considered as enough sincerity.

    For me I believe diamond has no value. Diamond only has value because commercials, people, ad, portray them to be.

    Luckily, the ring which I gave to my wife cost less than your iphone as we got the same belief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will give Gold Coins !One dozon complete set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kappo,

    Hmm, I didn't get a proposal ring for my wife. The reason I gave is because of budget and value. I would rather spend more on a wedding band (that all of us can get to wear it everyday) then a single diamond one that she wears only occasionally. Not sure if I'll live to regret it and have this as indefensible action used in future arguments, haha!

    But I did get a very very nice wedding band. Cost me around 3k+ for a pair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OT
    Lucky for you. My sister comment she will not marry fi she dun see the diamond ring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cory
    Best... can sell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LP
    Just make sure this is a mutual agreement of no rings. For me, once I make comment, hb just say the wedding band is the same, then he went out to get me a Taka small diamond ring (not proposal ring la... is more of a birthday present few years ago)...which I dun even wear!!!!then he make remarks about me wanting a rng then just put inside cupboard...

    ReplyDelete